Ingredients (8 servings)
1 tbsp olive oil
16 oz ziti
13 oz italian sausage (vegan), diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1⁄2 cup basil (fresh), chopped
1 tsp salt, or to taste
30 oz tomato sauce
1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
7 oz mozzarella (vegan), cubed
1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add sausage to the skillet and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the tomato sauce to the skillet and stir together with the onion and sausage.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and red pepper and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pasta, along with the cubed mozzarella and basil. Stir together to mix.
- Pour the pasta into a 12" X 9" baking dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Amount per serving
- 453 Calories (kcal)
- 28 Total Fat (g)
- 65 Total Carbohydrate (g)
- 6 Dietary Fiber (g)
- 7 Total Sugars (g)
- 22 Protein (g)